Crane U performs all capacities of load testing, for mobile/overhead cranes and rigging equipment hoists, slings, and other lifting apparatuses as required by OSHA. We bring our portable tests weights to your site, and can do it when and where it’s convenient for you.
WE KNOW YOU PROBABLY HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS
When are crane inspections required?
According to OSHA (and, of course, we’re paraphrasing) crane inspections are required:
- Frequent (Daily) — conducted by the operator
- Periodic (Monthly) — conducted by the employer
- Periodic (Annual) — using an independent third party is HIGHLY recommended
- If the piece of equipment has been modified, repaired, or adjusted in a way that has an impact on the safe operation of the crane.
What about load testing?
- For mobile cranes: if there is a structural repair, the crane should be load tested.
- For overhead cranes: all new, extensively repaired, or altered cranes should be tested.
Who can inspect or load test cranes?
Only companies or individuals who are qualified to perform such services. Crane U is qualified to inspect cranes as per OSHA 1910, 1926, and ANSI/ASME guidelines.
NEED CRANE LOAD TESTING?
Crane U provides comprehensive load testing for cranes of all types! We’re on time and affordable too. Let us know what your needs are by using the contact form to your right or just give us a call at 855-9CRANEU (855-927-2638).